Hello all! So I had another idea for small series talking about my ideal locations for character meet n greets over in Disneyland Paris. I’ve done the entire of the Park, I want to do the studios too – but we’ll see how this one goes.
So I think that Disneyland Paris is lacking characters. Over the years they have gotten better at having new permanent locations and more characters to meet – but I still think they could do more. So even though I say “permanent” I just think they could have them here either all year round, keep swapping them out or have them at different times of the day.
I want to start with the best land, Fantasyland.
So in Fantasyland, I think there’s plenty of places for characters to meet, either with and without a “backdrop” So let me explain my thoughts!
- Obviously, Mickey can stay at his location over in Meet Mickey, that’s perfect.
- I love the Alice meet! It’s perfect having the maze in the background and it can easily be swapped with all the Alice characters, such as the White Rabbit and the Tweedles.
- I think that the Mad Hatter and The March Hare can easily meet by the Doormouse. I personally met Hatter there and I liked it. Removed the chairs and have a location for a meet.
- I love the idea of Peter Pan and Wendy meeting near their ride, either just Wendy or just Peter Pan, but ideally together is good. I’ve met Peter there before and I liked being near the ride and hearing the music.
- Pinocchio and Gepetto could meet near Au Chalet, there’s a small alcove that they could have a small meeting in, and the Dumbo background would be amazing.
- I love the idea of Snow White with Dopey near their ride, either on the platform outside or just around there – have some music playing, or even the Evil Queen.
- I keep seeing the Tremain Sisters meeting outside Auberge recently and I like that, I’ve seen them personally around there before and I’ve met Lady Tremain around there too – it’s a nice location and connects with Cinderella
- I love the current Winnie the Pooh meet and that can stay, and change between the characters or meet more than 1 at a time.
- SO I love the idea of having a character meeting outside the Old Mill as there’s lots of room, and I thought that either The Fairy Godmother or Merlin could meet here! I picked the Fairy Godmother for the photo because she would be amazing.
- I think the Princess Pavilion should stay where it is, rumours say it’ll replace Snow Whites ride or Pinocchio – I think it can have more room if they build down the exit ramp and bring it around or behind where the (currently unused) reservation ticket area. But Rapunzel, Aurora,
- Over by the Small world gates and Belle Note I think the Notre Damn characters could meet – Esmeralda, Phoebus, Quasimodo and Clopin – even be roaming characters.
- Gaston should be a meet all year around, he’s amazing. I like the idea of just outside Bella Note and the Fantasyland gates, just seems like a nice place.
- Finally I like the idea of having Belle and Beast around the well. Or any princess/prince combo – or even have Snow White there instead of outside her ride with some of the dwarfs.
So that’s my thoughts! Of course there’s SO MANY characters that could go here, but these are the ones I think will work well.
Any thoughts? Yes, no maybe?