So it’s close to being the fantastic and spooky Halloween season at Disneyland Paris and I know this year is going to be particularly special as there’s a HECK OF A LOT OF PEOPLE GOING! Which is fantastic!
However I know this is people’s first soiree, or first in a while or first dressing up ect ect, so since I’ve been to the Halloween Soiree for the past few years (minus 2013) I thought I’d just share some of my own tips, tricks and overall advice about the evening, the day and costumes! Firstly, let’s have a disclaimer!
DISCLAIMER! EVERYTHING I SAY IS JUST MY OWN THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS, NOT THOSE OF DISNEYLAND PARIS, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, BEST ASK THEM! ALSO THESE TIPS ARE OBSERVATION AND COULD BE DIFFERENT THIS YEAR! SO BE WARNED!
Okay, now that’s out of the way. Let’s start with the day!
Halloween. is. busy. Simple! Doesn’t matter the day, it’s ALWAYS BUSY! This year the 31st falls on a Monday, which means that it could be ‘less’ busy, however, probably won’t be. After a quick check, the UK autumn half-term ends on the Friday before, but France it ends 2nd November. So remember this.
- YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR YOUR COSTUME TILL THE EVENING! DO NOT COME DRESSED UP IN THE DAY – YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE AND CHANGE!
Seriously, don’t come to the park dressed up until 5pm. If you want to somewhat dress up (Disneybound, wear a onesie ect) then sure, paint your face, wear a witches hat, but DON’T COME DRESSED UP!
- Try and NOT use the ticket booths, guest relations, and bagging. It’ll be BUSY! Last year the queue for the bag check was HUGE – so think twice about putting away a coat, a bag or costume. Also, if you don’t have a ticket, just get it online or the day before – SAME WITH YOUR SOIREE TICKET! (I’ll talk about that more later down) Make sure you can just walk straight into the park, it’ll cut down waiting time and you’ll get more time in the park on Halloween.
- Remember the TIMES will be different on the 31st! The park closes at 7pm for normal guests, so therefore the parade will be at 4:30 not 5:30, all character meets will end early! So make sure you’re aware of this. Restaurants should stay open but not all of them, same with boutiques.
- It’s rare for there to be any rare characters out on the day, a few years ago Ping made an appearance on the day, but past few years – nothing. BUT you never know! Keep and eye out. With the recent changes, who knows!
- I’d say make sure to collect your Soiree bracelet in the day – it’s not too busy but can be in the evening! Where do I go? There’s always a table and roped off section under Main-Street Station, just hand over your ticket, they’ll then give you a wristband that (for some stupid reason) goes on your left wrist. DON’T REMOVE IT! They’re there all day! I think there are other places you can collect your band but MainStreet is the closest and best one. Once it’s done, it’s done – no panicking later. Also, if a friend says “lets go get it later” and you don’t want to – go get it when you want. Don’t be left behind or late.
- There will be queues for EVERYTHING! Repeating what I said earlier – it’ll be busy, there will be queues. Rides are normally longer, everyone wants to meet the villains. It’s normally quieter on the 1st (everyone is having a lie in or left) so wait till the next day if you can.
- Try and meet characters outside of the day (Ie, day before or after) Yes it’s HALLOWEEN! But the character queues will be busy and the characters have a set time limit to meet guests. Only pick 1 or two if you’re desperate to meet characters. But try and enjoy the atmosphere of the day instead.
Here is the park program for the day from last year as an example:
That’s all I wanted to share on the 31st! If you’re around, please say hello!