So it’s close to being the fantastic and spooky Halloween season at Disneyland Paris and I know this year is going to be particularly special as there’s a HECK OF A LOT OF PEOPLE GOING! Which is fantastic!
However I know this is people’s first soiree, or first in a while or first dressing up ect ect, so since I’ve been to the Halloween Soiree for the past few years (minus 2013) I thought I’d just share some of my own tips, tricks and overall advice about the evening, the day and costumes! Firstly, let’s have a disclaimer!
DISCLAIMER! EVERYTHING I SAY IS JUST MY OWN THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS, NOT THOSE OF DISNEYLAND PARIS, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, BEST ASK THEM! ALSO THESE TIPS ARE OBSERVATION AND COULD BE DIFFERENT THIS YEAR! SO BE WARNED!
So we’ve made it to the evening! YAY! Time to dress up and collect all the sweets you can eat!
- Entry for the Soiree is from 5pm onwards, however, there is no parade or character meets until 8pm when the Party starts. However, you can still watch DREAMS! In your costume or start queueing up for your favourite character. Rides will be open too!
- Make sure to eat and drink! Make sure to have a nice big lunch and some snacks. If you don’t want to waste time getting and eating in a restaurant (like me) make sure to keep snacking and drinking! The Party doesn’t close till 1am – make sure to stay hydrated and full of energy!
- The Soiree can be busy, but lots of areas can be dead – if you need some space, walk around away from character meets and take a breather. I found that (once the parades were done) the Fantasyland gates were empty. Sit and have a breather.
- The evening will be COLD! Make sure your costume can keep you warm – you will have an adrenaline rush and feel warm for a bit, but once the sun has gone, the temperature will drop! Make sure you have layers on if you don’t want to cover up your costume.
- Don’t expect to do EVERYTHING! Hopefully, compared to last year, lots of things won’t stop early and things won’t overlap – but pick and choose what you want to do carefully! And remember- QUEUES! LOTS OF QUEUES! Characters like Jack Skellington, Darth Vader ect will be the longest! Also remember you’ve paid to enjoy an evening in a costume and enjoy the spooky atmosphere – not queue up for 2 hours waiting for a character. Manage your time well. BUT it’s your money – do what you please. I don’t want you regretting things.
- Unless you’re super desperate, don’t bother with Dreams, the Cavalcade or anything you can see or do in the day. Obviously, do what you want, but why pay to have an experience and other unique meets and not do them? Watch Dreams at 7pm or don’t bother. It’s worth it personally. Same with the Cavalcade, it’ll be the same. One year I thought the Villains March thing would be different, but nope.
- Try and explore all the lands. Last year I didn’t really go far and I regret that, I walked around a little but not into the “corner” so to speak. You never know who you can see!
I’ve been asked to talk about the different characters you can POSSIBLY meet at the Soiree. Well over the past few years, the rarest characters have been:
Kuzco, Yzma, Kronk, Shelly May, Carl Fredrickson, Dug, Jose, Panchito, The Aristocats, Max, Hades, Pain, Panic, Bowler Hat Guy, Lewis Robinson, Wilbur Robinson, Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, Lousie (Patf), The Sultan, Chesire Cat (think), March Hare (think)
Somewhere out and others weren’t. However in 2014, they had all the rare characters out all at once and it was hard to pick and choose. Also they kept swapping out rare characters. This year could be different though, there could be rare characters, there might not be. Last year, I don’t think there was.
There are meets with lots of common daily characters, each year it changes but the past few years I’ve seen Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Chip and Dale, Goofy, Aladdin, Jasmine, Peter Pan, Wendy, Jack Sparrow, Jack Skellington, Merida, Villains (Maleficent, Gaston ect) Baloo, King Louie, Tiana, Naveen. However this year could be different.
Last few years programs:
I really hope this helps! If you are going to the Soiree and you see Sally walking around – it’s me. =D
But remember to stay safe, enjoy yourself and HAVE FUN!